Sunday, September 14, 2008

Freedom in Music

These past few days have been a little rough for me and I have found that I find great comfort in music. It's amazing how music can express the things a person is feeling that they can't express themselves. One of my most favorite things to do, is what I like to call "living the music". It's where I take a song and just let it completely enter inside of me. I let it take over every thought, feeling, and desire I have until it completely consumes me. It is so amazing to feel music work inside of you, to feel yourself move and change with it. It's amazing how much I find parts of myself when I breathe in music like that. More times then I can count, music has become my refuge. I discover that certain songs seem to create a whole new world inside of me, a place I can escape to when my own world is off balance. Between the rhythms, notes, melody, I can loose myself completely and fly; soar between the notes and let them take me away like the wind. And while the song may end, the notes dwindle then turn silent, and I return once again to my own mind, my own world; for those few short minutes, I feel free. Free inside the music.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

have i told you lately that i love you?
it's true. i do.
and we should have a music sharing party. in case any music police people are reading this, i mean that i let you listen to my music and you let me listen to yours.
xoxo