Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ignorance is bliss...dedicated to Kirsten

"Ignorance is bliss". I was thinking about that tonight, and have decided it is nonsense. Ignorance is not bliss, it is contentment. Bliss is joy that goes above and beyond the norm, contentment is simply being satisfied, which really defines the point of ignorance. Those who believe that "ignorance is bliss" are really afraid of actual happiness. Real happiness can only come to those who seek it out and to seek, one needs to learn about oneself. Ignorance is the absence of knowledge. It is that knowledge of evil which creates fear inside a person and stops them from seeking the knowledge of good. To have one inside of ourselves, we must have the other. Light cannot exist without dark, such as our happiness cannot exist without pain. It's something I most definitely need to work on, but this statement came to me the other day: if a person looks inside their soul and finds shadows dancing, that only means that a greater light is shining inside of them, chasing out the darkness and creating the shadows. So I have a new goal in my life, I want to recognize the light that creates the shadows inside of me, and not the shadows themselves. I need to learn to take the bad with the good, and recognize that if I have shadows at all, that just means I have light as well. And if I hold onto that, I think the shadows in my life will not seem that dark.

No comments: