Sunday, August 24, 2008

Words not said...

You know what I think is amazing? How not only words can destroy a person, but the lack of words. We always consider the insults or gossip that we hear, process them, think on them, and then give those words the credit for how crappy we feel about ourselves. What we fail to realize that more often or not, it's the words not said that hurt us the most. Why didn't that friend speak up when this rumor came around? Why didn't so-and-so defend me? Why didn't they come to my aid? No it's not the insults that really hurt us, it's the words not said that do. Because deep down inside of us, we know that if even if several friends betrayed us, if even one friend stood up and defended us, we would make it through, we would be alright. This hit me hard tonight. In the end it won't be words that kill me, but the silence. Silence will be my destroying angel, the devil who leads me down to my own personal hell. The demon whose sole purpose is to destroy me. He will be carried by the winds of silence, not the tornado of words. 

No comments: