Monday, August 18, 2008

"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. If we continue to develop our technology without wisdom or prudence, our servant may prove to be our executioner." ~General Omar Bradley

Another quote night. I have to admit I love them. This quote intrigued me, as I find it completely true. Technology is making the people of this society unable to communicate in face to face conversations. Many times, I have overheard people talking about how they are afraid to say something in person, but are more then willing to say whatever it is over some form of technology where they are hidden from whomever they are speaking to. Unless a person makes the choice to develop their own ability to publicly speak what they feel, technology will create a world where the average person will be afraid to speak their mind unless it's from behind a phone or PC. Imagine the President texting his State of the Union address instead of physically addressing the nation. People are already afraid, imagine if the most powerful man in the world was afraid to face his own nation because he lacked communication skills. Yes that is a bit dramatic, but the point is, technology will take over our lives to the point of us completely loosing our communication skills if we let it. And I don't know about you, but I have a "lack of communication" as it is, I don't need anymore help.

No comments: