Sunday, August 24, 2008

A New Chapter

Today was my last day of church with my home ward before going off to college. I have to admit, it took a lot to hold back the tears. Change is an interesting process. For myself, I dread it beyond anything else that I know. I hate the uncertainty change brings, the fear i feel. It bothers me that I feel like I have found my spot in the world and now it's all about to, well change. I can't imagine being anywhere but here in Meadows 8th Ward, Meadows Stake. I love it here. It is going to be so hard leaving home. But the closer it gets, I am happy to say, I am finally starting to get a little excited. I know that I am going where I am supposed to be. I just need to have faith in that. As I have also discovered, as much as I fight it, change can be a good thing. I just hope that this change I am about to make will be a good thing in my life. I will miss home so much, but I am excited to see where I can go in my life. There is so much work to do, and so much fun to experience that it would really be a shame to miss that because I'm afraid. I truly am terrified but I am going to do my best to embrace this new chapter in my life and find the good in this change. So ultimately, I would like to say goodbye to my home ward and thank you for everything you've done. I will never forget you. This is the end of one chapter, and hopefully, the beginning of another that will be just as amazing as the last.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

JENNIE!! yay college. i feel the same pretty much...i'm scared and sad out of my mind but still super excited...sheesh.

you are good at everything and i love you.

i really want to come to provo one weekend...so i will visit you! woot woot! let's be friends.

Jeremy and Joy Stevens said...

You will do just great jennie (i typed your name the way forest says it). I will miss you but, keep in mind that I will think of you often and smile and then laugh! Love ya!